Wednesday, August 15, 2007

In Honor of the Assumption

Gone to Mass yet today? Good. Now, in honor of the Assumption, why not pray a decade of the spiritual rosary? (It's cool how some of these passages in their own way may allude to the Assumption.) Enjoy!

The Assumption

Our Father

1- She is a reflection of eternal light, a spotless mirror of the working of God, and an image of his goodness. (Wis 7:26) Hail Mary

2- “When I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.” (Jn 14:3) Hail Mary

3- Arise, O Lord, and go to thy resting place, thou and the ark of thy might. (Ps 132:8) Hail Mary

4- My beloved speaks and says to me, “Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away; for lo, the winter is past, and the rain is over and gone.” (Song 2:10) Hail Mary

5- The woman was given two wings of the great eagle that she might fly from the serpent into the wilderness, to a place where she is to be nourished. (Rev 12:16) Hail Mary

6- Draw me after you. Let us make haste. The king has brought me into his chambers. (Song 1:4) Hail Mary

7- “O daughter, you are blessed by the Most High above all women on earth.” (Jud 13:18) Hail Mary

8- Rejoice and exult with all your heart, O daughter of Jerusalem…The King of Israel, the Lord, is in your midst. (Zeph 3:14, 15) Hail Mary

9- “Behold, henceforth all generations will call me blessed.” (Lk 1:48) Hail Mary

10- “For he who is mighty has done great things for me, and holy is his name.” (Lk 1:49) Hail Mary

Glory be

No comments: